- The Danish procurement strategy paper for local authorities is finished
- The leaflet on fair public procurement with the title „Weil es uns nicht egal ist…sozial faire Beschaffung für Gemeinden” presents good practice examples from Austria Link
- The fair Shopping Guide Berlin shows, where to buy Fair Trade products and where you can eat fair in Berlin. Link
- The Fairtrade Shopping Guide for Bornholm is now available online! Link
- In the course of the European Year of Development 2015 the first DEAR Fair took place on 22/23 October in Brussels, where the project was presented – Programme
- The counterpart of the Austrian manual game simulation Unternehmerische Verantwortung is finished!
- The report of the international conference Labs to Public, which took place in the course of the Asian-Pacific week 2015, is now available
- An alumni workshop to the theme of TTiP at the Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences, Berlin brought together 25 former graduates (14.07.2015)
- In the first half of 2015, the game simulation Unternehmerische Verantwortung was successfully conducted over 20 times in different economics schools in Austria
- Contribution to fair standards in global supply chains – leading enterprises of German textile production become a member of the textile alliance, website
- The flyer Stationen des Wandels am Alsergrund shows impressively, where to shop and eat in a fair way in the Vienniese district
- The sustainable shopping guide Wegweiser – Nachhaltig in Linz is finished and is a success!
- In the framework of the Asian-Pacific week, the international conference Labs to Public in cooperation with the TU Berlin and SAP SE, took place. Start-ups, local authorities, companies and universities discussed various topics together in Berlin (27.+28.05.2015), website
- A local steering group was established – the Berlin district Tempelhof-Schöneberg is well on its way to the title “Fairtrade-Town”, Link
- On 17.03.2015, in Chrudim, Czech Republic, a Fair Trade training course for SMEs and local entrepreneurs took place
- From May 18 to 29 the Asia-Pacific Weeks Berlin 2015 – “Smart Cities” will take place for the tenth time. General information can be found here and here. More detailed information about the program will be available in March.
- In Austria, the E-Learning course for social, fair and sustainable procurement is in its second round. 50 interested people from the economic sector and the fair procurement took part (23.02- 10.04.2015)
- 16 Czech SME-stakeholders successfully discuss the topic of “social entrepreneurship” in the framework of a TriNet-workshop taking place in Prague.
- The manual from the Austrian partner Südwind for the game simulation “Unternehmerische Verantwortung (CSR)” for business teachers is finished!
- The workshop on “fair procurement” brings together representatives of different communal kitchens in Danish city of Bornholm.
- At this year’s fair Bazaar Berlin (formerly Importshop Fair) for the first time the Fair Trade Market takes place with a clearly labeled Fair trade fair area. Only Fair Trade products will be shown.
On this occasion we invite you to our panel discussion. Producers from Ghana meet representatives of Berliner trades and discuss the question:
Time: Thursday, 11.13.2014 17.00 – 20.00 clock Location: VIP room of Messe GmbH, entry: Messedamm Hall 14.1October 2014
- Since 8 October, the German district of Berlin-Mitte can proudly call itself a “Fairtrade Town”.
- 4th transnational meeting Linz
Contents: current status of project actions, evaluation, workshop/test of the simulation game on CSR issues for high school and university education, planning event “Fair Trade Market” at Bazaar Berlin fair, preparation 2nd interim report, financial aspects, fine-tune the activity planning and timetable
- More than 200 guests participate at the festive ceremony awarding the city of Linz as “Fairtrade Town”.
- An additional Czech city officially gets awarded as “Fairtrade Town”, this time the city of Chrudim.
- Video documentation of the awareness raising event “Political Summit – Global Tent” Bornholm 2014 ( in Danish)
- Recommendations TriNet-Global – Thoughts on the Enhancement of Cooperations between Cities
- International Conference: “Community based urban violence prevention strategies & experiences” 5-7th June, 2014 Program Documentation
- The Czech town Třebíč officially gets awarded as “Fairtrade Town”.
- Robust. Durable. Valuable – Handcrafted products live longer
Symposium at ZDH Program
- FAIR TRADE MARKET at BAZAAR BERLIN 12–16. November 2014 Flyer (in German)
- 3rd transnational Meeting in Berlin with the following topics: Currrent actions in the partner countries; Follow-up study visit to Ghana ; project evaluation and dissemination and sustainability, 29th–30th of April 2014
- “Workshop China: Cooperation and information on Chinese transformation processes” atthe Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research. 16th of April, 2014
- Press Release Fairtrade Austria: E-learning course of Südwind for socially fair public procurement (in German,) 27th of March 2014
- Sign up for a free e-learning course about sustainable, socially fair procurement from 07th of April to 23rd of May 2014
- The Czech city of Mladá Boleslav is now able to officially call itself a “Fairtrade Town”.
- Documentation expert event on Communal Development Cooperation in Berlin Approaches, experiences and exemplary projects in the Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research, 5th of February 2014
- “Fair wins! How producers and traders can benefit from trade with fair products” at the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research
- Invitation Expert event on Communal Development Cooperation in Berlin Approaches, experiences and exemplary projects in the Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research
Date: Wednesday, 5th February 2014 | 4-7 p.m.
- The Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) advocates fair working conditions in the production of clothing and sports equipment. The INKOTA (information, coordination, conferences) network is part of the Clean Clothes Campaign – an alliance of campaigns in 15 European countries with a network of over 250 partner organisations worldwide.
- In the course of a study trip to Ghana, TriNet project partners have the unique opportunity to get familiar with the local fairtrade sector and to exchange best practices examples, Time Schedule
- Invitation to the event “Fair wins! How producers and traders can benefit from trade with fair products” – a joint event of the Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research and the Berlin Chamber of Skilled Crafts
Date: Tuesday 18th February, 2014 I 6-8 p.m.
- Fair Day at the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research on 12th December 2013
- The Bitterness of Chocolate: Afia Owusu from Ghana on the connection between the globalised trade of cocoa and rising poverty of small farmers – article in “Spiegel Online”, 03.12.2013 (in German)
- Pankow is on the way to becoming a Fairtrade Borough: The steering committee has started its work, together with mayor Köhne. The two project partners Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research and TransFair are also members of the steering committee. Press release of the borough of Berlin-Pankow from 19.11.2013 (in German)
- Study trip to Ghana with participants from Berlin, Linz and Bornholm in preparation
- In the Czech town Hodonín fair trade was supported since 2010, so that on November 6, 2013, it became the fifth Fair Trade town in the Czech Republic. You can find an overview of Fair Trade Certifications in Czech Republic on www.fairtradovamesta.cz/english
- Linz to become a Fair Trade Town by 2016
Article in the online edition of the “Bezirkrundschau Linz” (District Review Linz) from 30.10.2013 (in German)
- Role models for Fair Shopping wanted
Article in the online edition of the ”Wiener Zeitung” (Viennese Newspaper) from 14.10.2013 (in German)
- Second transnational project meeting in Bornholm from 9th to 11th October, with the following topics: Currrent actions in the partner countries; study visit to Ghana; project evaluation and dissemination and sustainability
- Coffee is just the start…
On 7th October, the first network meeting of FAIRTRADE communities in Upper Austria took place, organised by Südwind Agentur in cooperation with Welthaus Linz and Climate Alliance Upper Austria, and dealing with the question “How do FAIRTRADE communities continue their work?”
- Roundtable Sustainopreneurship
In the context of the trade fair ‚WearFair & mehr’ in Linz a roundtable took place on September 27, dealing with the question of how corporations can contribute to a more sustainable creation of the future.
- Prague 3 has become a partner in the international project TriNet Global
Article in the Prague 3 Municipality magazine “Radniční noviny” (in Czech)
- Fair Week 2013 in Germany “Fair Trade. Fair chances for everyone”
Fair Week 2013 took place from 13th to 27th September all over Germany with several events taking place in Berlin
- Hammershus Fairtrade Concert 2013
A concert in Bornholm that supports the fair trade with Africa
- Documentation of the Development Policy Conference as part of the Asia-Pacific-Weeks 2013 (in English, 10,5 MB)
- Over 150 visitors came to the Development Policy Conference as part of the Asia-Pacific Weeks 2013
- Südwind street festival 2013 presents the work of approximately 80 NGOs and initiatives
- On 8th June, Alsergrund was awarded the title Fair Trade Borough as the fourth borough in Vienna
- Announcement: Programme of the Development Policy Conference as part of the Asia-Pacific Weeks 2013 in Berlin
Registration: For 10.06.2013: info.ConnectiveCities@giz.de; for 11./12.06.2013: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAIRPLANET Festival
Human rights, environmental protection and animal rights – a sustainable, fair and vegan festival in the city centre of Linz
- fairERleben Genussmarkt at the Vienna Town Hall
Exhibition and workshops on products such as bananas and cotton
- The first parishes and churches have been certified as Fair Trade Churches in the Czech Republic
- Workshop Green Cities – Global Commitment at the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research, State Office for Development Cooperation
- First transnational project meeting (Kick-Off) in Berlin, 11th-13th March 2013, with the following topics: Areas of work / roles and responsibilities of the project partners, activity planning and timetable, project management, communication planning and quality assurance
- 20 years FAIRTRADE in Austria – how does the cachet work and what is the benefit for
enterprises and communities in Upper Austria? An informative event and discussion dealing with this topic took place in Linz on 4th March
- Start of the EuropeAid project TriNet Global – Local Authorities, Business Sector and Universities as Agents for Change for strengthening global responsibility of the society.